Friday, January 29, 2010

No mold, but cold.

So, my living room is still torn up.

>
My landlords are waiting on a construction bid, and then we'll be waiting on an insurance agent to come take a look-see, so it might be like this for longer than expected.

The good news is, I'm told there's no mold, but that's not to say it's not musty. Cold too! All the living room heat is escaping right up through that hole. If squint, you can pretend it's a cool exposed brick section of some chic urban loft. But only if you squint all day long. Otherwise, its a black hole, making my living room darker than it already is during the winter. Boo.

The only shining light in all of this is how accommodating and efficient my landlords have been. The day after I reported it, we had someone looking at it, and fixing the roof. Two days after that, it's torn up and drying (and smelly, unfortunately). Now, with more work expected than originally planned, they're making sure were okay and happy., and letting us know every step of the way. What more can I ask for, really, in this situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Somedays I feel I'm talking to myself! Input is appreciated :)