Sunday, June 19, 2011

Truth Time

I'm kinda totally in love with brass right now. Last winter there was a post somewhere in BlogLand where some girl had turned an ugly 90's builder grade brass pendant upside down, filled it with sand, and used as a votive holder.

Now, I've looked high and low for that image, so I can credit the inspired gal, but I can't find it! Anyway, my whole point is that I want little bits of tarnish brass sprinkled all over my home, mixing in with the colder silver accents I've grown up with. (No joke, for a 5yr period my mom spray painted EVERYTHING silver. Even the bathtub tiles.)

This whole mixed-metal thang is definitely not a new, or particularly novel, idea, but it's a big deal to the girl who finally bought skinny jeans yesterday, two years into the trend. I've convinced myself that a more eclectic look fits into our messy busy lifestyle and thriftstore budget. After seeing that inspiration image that eludes me now, I went right down to Goodwill, and bought a brass and smoked glass vanity. I took the mirror off, and used it as my mini-Christmas Tree table. I just haven't figured out a way to work it back into the house since then :-/


Emily Henderson uses brass A LOT. I'm kinda in love with the girl, and um hi hello, she used to have a blog CALLED The Brass Petal

I'm also totally into the random art wall. Again, fits into our wonderfully un-perfect life.


(this one is actually pinned up to my new awesome inspiration board)



This doesn't mean I'm doing away will all my silver pieces, no no. I think they can absolutely be combined to reinforce that "collected over time" feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Somedays I feel I'm talking to myself! Input is appreciated :)