Tuesday is 35 weeks, so we're starting to feel the pressure. Delaney's room is our favorite in the house right now! It gets the best light, is the only one without cat hair, and everything is just fresh and light and beautiful. Seriously, Trevor spends his days off up there building furniture, or painting, I'm up there on my evenings organizing clothes and all the other crap that comes with a baby. Then when Trevor gets home from work late at night, we hang out up there for 30min to and hour, recapping what we did that day, and what we still want to do.
Some pictures :)
These were first thing in the morning, with just the sunlight and our tired digital camera. Once we're done, we'll take better shots of it.
Still to do:
- Get the mattress, hah, and make the bed. Still deciding if we're going to buy a crib set, or if I'm going to make one.
- Change the knobs on the dresser, and touch up the paint.
- Make an entire changing pad cover from that same fabric.
- Get artwork up on the wall, we got some super cute (and cheap!) hot pink frames from Ikea.
- Re-recover the rocking chair. The blue Joel Dewberry fabric I have on there currently isn't working with everything else.
- Get a cube shelving unit like this one from Target as another storage/bookshelf piece. Except in white. :)
Aaaand then some staging, and we're done! The hard work right now is getting the rest of our house ready for her. Well, our bedroom, mostly. It's not glamorous in the slightest, our bedroom is like the boyfriend we don't want anyone to know about. Reliable, but treat it like crap. We have good pieces in there, our bed is gorgeous, I got Trevor this amazing antique dresser when we first moved back from Florida, its actually the only room in the house with window treatments we like, lol. But, it just gets used and abused. Piles of dirty laundry on the floor, the bed is never made, piles of clean laundry on the flat surfaces. I mean, it's real life, but with the baby coming into our room for a few months, I need to make sure we don't break an ankle in the middle of the night .