Friday, June 5, 2009

Current Obsession: Blue and Orange.

Funny, as I'm writing this, I realize Blogger's colors are blue and orange.

So, this was an accidental obsession, I wasn't looking for anything new to covet. As you know, Trev painted the back wall a dark teal (which looks royal blue most days, because it has a little bit of sheen, and our walls are super textured plaster). Anyway, I have some awesome orange/purple daisies that I put in a wine bottle, against that wall, and suddenly I noticed more bits of orange in the room. I have this great Nordic plate that's a boat against a blue sea with orange sails (my great grandfather brought it back from Norway). The other day, I found a HUGE jack (you know, from when you play jacks) that's about 6" across, solid iron, painted orange. It's a little aged and worn, which pleases me.

Anyway, it got me thinking. There's a lot of blue and grey in our living room, we're water babies at heart. I've been needing a pop of color, and also, I need inspiration for curtains, we've had the same ugly yellow faded ones our landlord left. So, now, I'm thinking something from Ikea, or, anywhere else, white curtains, with little pieces of orange, so not to over whelm.

Some of my favorite blue and orange items of late are shown below.


Amy Butler Fabric from Etsy


Wild Haired Brothers print by papermoth on Etsy


White, Grey and Orange Apartment on Sf Apartment Therapy.


Orange Crush print by sfgirlbybay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Somedays I feel I'm talking to myself! Input is appreciated :)