Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Shopping at Mom's: School Desk

I talked to my uncle last night, and he's going to give me the school desk that has been handed down through the family! It looks like this:



Except that the metal is orange, and the desk is in much better shape.

The story behind this is great, actually. My grandpa used to work for the school district, he was Superintendent at one point. (Right? I might be lying. Just a disclaimer, as my mom sometimes reads this.) Somewhere along the line, he brought this desk back for my uncle, and painted it orange. When my mom started having kids, my uncle gave it to her for us to use, and we LOVED it. When my uncle had my cousin, it went back to her! Now, I'm going to put it in our baby's room :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Somedays I feel I'm talking to myself! Input is appreciated :)