Sunday, September 20, 2009

DIY idea: Faux fur rug

I know I haven't been around recently. Luckily, work's been CRAZY busy, which is a HUGE weight off of my shoulders. This summer has been one of ridiculous ups and downs, and while Trevor and I are happier than ever, the last "down" has left us playing catch up for the last two months.

Safe to say I haven't had any extra cash around to go buy fabric, much less the time to do anything!

Anyway, after Trevor left yesterday, I was watching Design on a Dime, and they had a GREAT idea for a custom rug. This was for a living room, but I've been tryin to find the perfect cozy rug for Delaney's room, and I think this option was amazing!

The original idea was something like this:



Using faux fur from the fabric store (here's some from Hancock Fabrics), and that nubby rug liner, to get a similar look for a fraction of the price.

Normally, I'm not super into high-loft rugs, since they can be difficult to vacuum, but one in a really low-traffic area like Delaney's room before, and while, she learns to crawl, I think it would be just perfect :)

2 comments:

  1. i have a rug exactly like that from target in my room right now. its pretty much the best thing ever

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am incapable of reading articles online very often, but I’m happy I did today. It is very well written, and your points are well-expressed. I request you warmly, please, don’t ever stop writing. faux fur fabric suppliers

    ReplyDelete

Somedays I feel I'm talking to myself! Input is appreciated :)