Monday, January 10, 2011

Productive Weekend!

This weekend had the potential to be rather lame. The last week was busy busy, with delayed Christmas gatherings and a day-trip to DisneyLand. Then, when Trevor called and said he was spending the night away from the house, Delaney and I could have just hunkered down and watched movies all weekend (hmm, actually, not a bad idea!)

Instead, I whipped up a couple pretty pillows. :)


I'd been itching to sew, after taking advantage of a killer fat quarter sale at Quiltmaker in downtown Napa. I bought TEN fat quarters, and a 2yd piece of Robert Kaufman on clearance. Did I take a picture? Nope, because early Tuesday morning (EARLY. Like, leave the house at 3:30 early) we set off for a day at DisneyLand. Gotta love Daddy's flight benies ;)

ZigZag Pillow Top


As I mentioned, since then it's been a whirlwind week, and we just needed some downtime. I recently read Malka Dubrwasky's Fresh Quilting and it gave me the inspiration and liberation to bust into the pretty fabric I've begun to hoard. I've been so afraid of quilting since the QFH, and her book (especially the close up shots of stitching) gave me the encouragement to just freaking do it! The pillows (I made two, even tho I only showed one) was based off of her zigzag pillow. I added the Kona medium grey around the border (the 4 blocks were too small) and then did an envelope back (my first!) to be able to fit it over existing faded Walmart pillows.

ZigZag pillow top


I love love LOVE them on my newly recovered couch (ugh, I know, need to post about it), they really brighten up my cave like living room. I have more to say about this, but always, another day :)




What did you do this weekend?

PS, the bigger photos are actually taken with a real digital camera (versus my iPhone). I want to take better pictures this year!!


Blogger's Pillow Party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Somedays I feel I'm talking to myself! Input is appreciated :)