Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year Resolutions!

I, like pretty much everyone else in the world, have a number of things I'd like to change for the upcoming year. Nothing big and drastic, but changes none-the-less. And nothing's better for motivation than telling the big, wide blogosphere every single one!


- paint the bedroom. With Trevor now working out of SFO, we won't be moving into Napa anytime soon. Our two-year lease is up in Feb, and our room is still a dark, sage green cave.

-continue going to the gym 4x week. It feels too good to not keep doing it!

- clean out my car. There's stuff in the trunk from a YEAR (or more) ago! Once it's clean, I have more room for picking up Craigslist or Freecycle finds ;)

- Speaking of Craigslist finds, I need to find a dresser for Trevor. His is old and antique, and BEAUTIFUL! But the drawers suck, and he's yanked off two knobs already. It's better suited to holding infrequently used linens or candles or other such items.

- Disconnect a bit from the iPhone. It's bad when your 1yr old knows how to push the menu button, and swipe the lock across to open the phone. I resolve to keep it in my pocket a bit longer, and help Delaney learn about the world around her!

- Eat fruits and veggies at EVERY meal. I make Delaney do it, no reason for me not to!

- Finish a queen-sized quilt for our bed. I just bought some Kona medium-grey, and I'm a bit obsessed with neutrals. I also need to find a wide-arm quilter machine thing, I'm sure there's somewhere I can rent some time on.

- Clean up the back yard so Delaney can actually play back there! I've addressed the backyard here and here, and while it's better, it's still not the lush green space I've wished for.

- Clean out the garage. We've become keepers of the furniture graveyard, while waiting for my sisters to get their own places. Trevor needs a place to finish his arcade machine, and I need room to spray paint!

Overall, 2011, is the year to focus on the aesthetics. Health, beauty, and comfort. We have the money thing pretty well figured out, and now we have the luxury of refocusing on home and our family, and the things that truly matter in life.

What about you? What are your resolutions for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Somedays I feel I'm talking to myself! Input is appreciated :)