Saturday, February 12, 2011

So very excited.

This weekend is bound to be very fun, and VERY productive. Today, I'm purging, Goodwilling, and FreeCycling. I can't get out into the yard just yet (need two adults in the house), so I'm instead directing my energy at the forgotten storage zones in our house. Our closet, Delaney's closet, the garage. I will, however, need a certain baby (who is currently sorting dog food into bowls) to take a nap before I head down to take care of that last part.

TOMORROW (dun dun dun) is a play date with my friend Kelly. While our babies are probably too young to care about one another, Kel and I will be fashioning an upholstered headboard for her master bedroom. Her husband is getting in on the bedroom action too, apparently he's absolutely giddy to break out his jigsaw.

There's about a bajillion tutorials out there, and this is actually the second upholstery project Kel and I will have done together (she helped with the Rocker Re-Do: Part Two). So really, dear internet, I just need you to provide inspiration.




(Click above pictures for individual tutorials from the amazing, and NorCal, Centsational Girl)

DIY Upholstered Headboard with Wood Frame 23
via decorator.girl


via CasaSugar


via Project Pretty


via A Dad A Mom and A Little Lady


Kel is thinking something in grey/silvery tones, to compliment her purple and green accents. Stay tuned to see what we come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Somedays I feel I'm talking to myself! Input is appreciated :)