Monday, August 3, 2009

Current Obsession: Letters

Okay, so I know this isn't new on the design scene. But, I'm pretty much obsessed with typography, and 3D objects on my wall. One 4th of July, I went to a sorta-friend's house for a pre-fireworks party, and besides being expertly designed, on the wall behind their front door, they had a column of "R"s, in all different shapes/colors/sizes, to represent their last name.

Since then, I've wanted to recreate that for us, with "T". Not as exciting, and doesn't have the "curl factor" that an "R" might, but still. I can't wait to take Trevor's name (even tho mine is pretty cool, can't get much better than "Strong"), and I would love to have a beautiful homage to it, without going crazy with his Scottish family crest.

I bought my mom an "H" from Etsy Seller VintageEmbellishments, and it looks great in her kitchen. Now, with baby Delaney on the way, I want to create a similar mishmash collection of letters for her room.

Some favorite styles:























Hah. I just bought that last one. Oops...Her letters are $6! Not bad. Guess I'm done browsing Etsy now, before I do any more damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Somedays I feel I'm talking to myself! Input is appreciated :)